Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kendall & Co: from Christmas ornaments to big ticket items

I was looking for Christmas stocking stuffers and ornaments when I entered Kendall & Co. I found a fantastic collective gift idea!

Kendall & Co is an interior design company with a shop which always carries a small selection of great home decor gifts. This year, their Christmas window was filled with lovely glass ornaments (collection items sold around $20) so I entered to see what they had in store (227 Carlton, west of Parliament on the south side).


Further into the boutique, I found more cute ornaments: an evergreen in a miniature Mason jar ($12), tiny lumberjacks cutting down an evergreen in a glass ball ($22), little glass birds to use as salt shakers ($10).

On my way, I saw an amazing centrepiece, the perfect idea for a collective gift in the price range of an iPad: a gorgeous porcelain Italian palace which turns out to be a biscotti jar with six tea or coffee cups, cream and sugar bowl and a serving tray, all in one! It retails for $550. Apparently, it took them months to receive this order. (It's the kind of gift idea for people who got together last year to give an iPad to their mom!)

There's also the $200 Italian palace which turns into 6 large plates/bowls (perfect to serve pasta) and a serving bowl. 

I also noticed a wine cooler made out of glass, good for four bottles ($99), and surreal Falcon candlestick holders ($45). A real conversation piece. Made out of cast aluminum in aged-zinc matte grey finish, Kevin from Kendall & Co. told me it may be spray painted to personalize it to your liking.

Also read:
TOP-10 Christmas stuffers from Labour of Love (across the street from Kendall & Co.)




 



No comments:

Post a Comment