Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas stocking fillers at Labour of Love


Cabbagetown is always a favourite destination of mine to find fun little gifts... or to point my husband in the right direction for my Christmas gift.

See the very cool things I saw at Labour of Love this week! I focused on the small gifts but you can get serious jewelry in this store located at 242 Carlton in Cabbagetown. 

Cool books
They're big on clever little books but this $15 one really caught my attention because it will make it easy for you to offer a very personal gift: What I love about Mom, by me. On the back cover, you can read: Think of Mom, Fill in blanks, Give book to Mom, Offer tissues... They also carry What I love about you, by me





And what about this one: Letters to my future self (Write now, Read later, Treasure forever), $20. The book includes a series of envelops. 



Maybe now is a good time to mention that Labour of Love is always carrying my two walking guides Toronto Urban Strolls 1 and Toronto Urban Strolls 2. (If you don't see them, ask the staff and they'll find them for you.) 



Stocking fillers





Ice breakers!
Spin the shot... What a fun take on the "spin the bottle". Doesn't have to be alcohol! It could be a chocolate or colourful candy.




Fun combo suggestion!
They carry a full line of $25 cups featuring the characters of the beloved series by Roger Hargreaves. I suggest buying a few of the little soft-cover books in your local bookstore or on Amazon and roll them into the cup.


As for me...
Things for the moms too! Check my post on how to help your husband get you the gift you want for Christmas. You're welcome.



While you're there
There's a cluster of cool shops around Labour of Love. Across the street is Kendall & Co., a high-end design studio carrying a fantastic selection of collection items for the Christmas tree. 

 




The Me to We store is just west of Kendall & Co. with a great line of win-win gifts with a cause. One block further west is The Scullery at 200 Carlton, the perfect stop for coffee, a scrumptious scone (some of the best in town) or a bite. Finally, at 455 Parliament, you'll find the tasteful gift shop Spruce on Parliament.



Liked these suggestions? 
LIKE our Facebook page for more tips, 
suggestions and photo galleries on your news feed!






No comments:

Post a Comment